Who Should Enrol?
Professional Nurses working in TB and HIV/AIDS units, Pharmacists, Medical Officers & Clinical Associates.
The course is offered using participatory methods and building on shared knowledge with the participants.
This workshop is facilitated by leading edge faculties in the field. This workshop should be followed by a practical experience at the participant’s respective or nominated facility where she/he will be under the guidance of a Clinician
Your study material will be handed to you on the first day of the workshop.
Additional materials which would assist participants in diagnosing and managing HIV related conditions will also be provided. National guidelines will be distributed whenever they are available.
- Counselling – important aspects of counselling will be covered. PICT and counselling of specialized groups.
- Management of Tuberculosis – Epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment of TB. Participants will gain theoretical knowledge in managing adverse drug reactions and shared side effects with ARVs.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections – Syndromic management of STIs and how this can be used as an entry point to HCT.
- HIV Management – Epidemiology of HIV, staging, diagnosis, ARV treatment, management of opportunistic infections.
- Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission
- Reporting, Monitoring and evaluation of programmes
Participant’s theoretical knowledge will be assessed by means of an open book examination on the last day of the workshop.
Accredited according to the HPCSA’s Medical and Dental Board Guidelines for Healthcare Professionals for 30 CEU’s on Level 2
To qualify for the certificate of completion for this short course, participants should fully attend the workshop and successfully complete the assessment process
Course Fees & Dates
16 - 20 August May 2021 - Pretoria, Gauteng
25 - 29 October 2021 - Cape Town, WC
22 - 26 November 2021 - Pretoria, Gauteng
R6200.00 (Incl. Vat) This includes all course material, certification, Lunch & Refreshments on workshop days.
*For more info or to register, submit your details and one of our representatives will be in contact with you.